July 18, 2020
The Government of Quebec has announced that effective July 18, 2020, wearing a mask/face cover will be mandatory in all enclosed public places for all individuals 12 years of age and older.
Merchants/tenants who allow customers/clients in their establishment without a mask/face cover may be subject to a fine.
Here are examples of business places where wearing a mask/face cover is mandatory:
– retail business
– services company (e.g., pharmacies)
– private professional practice
– place where municipal or government services are offered
– personal-care business (e.g., hairdressers, beauty care)
– shopping centre, bar, restaurant
– common area of establishments, in particular those of office buildings (e.g., entrance halls, elevators, corridors)